Friday, May 4, 2012

Always


With tears in your eyes 
knowing, your heart quietly cries
I stand by and solemnly watch 
as you place him with a gentle touch
and say good bye this final time.

With tears in my eyes 
my heart quietly cries 
for you my son 
and how hard it must be
to loose your best friend 
thinking your heart will never mend
thinking your life came to an end.

I love you 
son of mine
and know over time
your heart will mend
and you will remember your friend 
always!
"Mister" RS 2012




After posting this I realized I had to clarify this. Thomas's cat of 7 years passed away last night. His name was Mister, he was an American longhair.  We, a bunch of animal lovers had found him at Smith's in Glendale. After a great debate we decided that  I was to take his to the Humane society on my way home. Needless to say he never made it there. He was a curious, loving cat and everyone, even non cat lovers were drawn to him. He was one of our family. He is greatly missed!






1 comment:

  1. thats so good. are you going to put your poems into a book?

    ReplyDelete